At People, Pets, and Vets, we are wild about people that share a love for animals. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! We are a PE-backed, high growth Services Company that partners with veterinarians to help them reach their full potential. Today we own 65 Veterinary Hospitals and counting!
We are building a world-class Accounting Department in the Greater Salt Lake Area and looking for accounting professionals who love to be in the numbers, pride themselves on accuracy, enjoy continuous learning, look for opportunities to build for growth and like to have fun!
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for ensuring that transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect our accounting policies and procedure to prepare our financial results in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for providing the following for our 65 and growing Animal Hospitals located in multiple states and in multi-entities:
· Overseeing and leading the accounts payable cycle from invoice receipt, required approvals, timely payment, vendor management to account reconciliation.
· Entering invoices in the General Ledger and Concur AP software system and coding as appropriate.
· Monitoring incoming Accounts Payable emails for invoices, statements and other inquiries and managing large daily volume
· Processing and managing expense report cycle through Concur Expense
· Leading check and ACH batch issuance recommendation and supporting processing with Controller.
· Ensuring new vendors are set up timely and correctly so they can be paid. This includes capturing the needed vendor information such as name, address, payment terms, payment method and W-9 tax form.
· Working with major vendors and reconciling vendor statements with them monthly
· Researching and resolving vendor and internal inquiries regarding invoice receipt, payment status and vendor account reconciliation
· Assisting in streamlining and improving the accounts payable process
· Closing each month by ensuring proper cut-off of invoices
· Directing workload for Accounts Payable team and ensuring workflow meets expectations
· Ensuring compliance to internal accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
· Performing other duties as assigned to support and build a high growth accounting organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Accounting is preferred
· Prior experience with a company that is multi-site and annual revenue >$75 million
· Prior experience in accounts payable including in a manger role
· Experience with major vendor reconciliations with high volume of invoice detail
· Experience with Concur Expense for expense reporting and Concur Invoice for invoice processing
· Experience with annual 1099 process
· Experience with Mid-Market or Tier 1 Accounting Systems a plus including conversion from one system to another
· Background in process establishment and process improvement
· Experience managing corporate card programs such as American Express
· Ability to research invoices and reconcile supplier statements
· Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Team player and ability to work independently.
· Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout a multi-state Company.
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with varying and competing deadlines.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 31280