Under the supervision of the Administrator, the Administrative Assistant functions as a support person in the coordination and organization of administrative processes in a high-quality, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Demonstrates age specific and cultural sensitivity towards internal and external customers. This position is distinguished from other administrative support classes in that the position provides highly sensitive support to the Administrator. All duties to be done in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations, Oceans Behavioral Mission, policies and procedures and Performance Improvement Standard.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties as required for daily operation of facility.
- Facilitates communications between the Administrator and key management personnel of the organization.
- Research and analyze routine administrative projects for the Administrator.
- Provides follow-up to assignments given to Leadership staff by the Administrator.
- Performs specialized and complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment.
- Completes assignments accurately, in a timely manner and within procedural guidelines.
- Organizes own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the organization’s departmental procedures
- Contributes to Performance Improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma preferred; college education desirable, with training in a medical field. Additional experience in quality management activities may be substituted for clinical experience and/or educational requirements. Minimum of 5 years of experience in the clerical field required with minimum of 4 years as an Administrative Assistant in multi-staffed psychiatric facility. Minimum of 5years direct experience with quality management functions. Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
Must be able to read and to write. Computer literacy, strong verbal and written skills. Must be well organized, flexible and responsible. Must be able to communicate knowledge in an educational arena. Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to type at least 50 correct words per minute. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word. Heavy, high paced work load requires high energy and excellent organization, time management, and analytical skills. Must be able to work tactfully and cooperatively with a variety of internal and external customers. Ability to work with minimal supervision, think globally, and simultaneously manage multiple details. Must successfully complete CPR certification and an Oceans approved behavioral health de-escalation program.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 29329