Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you want to work in a relaxed environment with a supportive team? Are you organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented? If you enjoy connecting with patients and providing best-in-class vision services, then you’d be a great fit for the Big City Optical Apprentice Optician job! Available positions across Chicago!
You will be responsible for selling eyewear products and handling administration duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first. Provide care with a personal touch and build a career you love by applying for this Apprentice Optician role with Big City Optical today!
Apprentice Optician Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with 10% Matching
- Employee Discounts
- Free Annual Exam!
$18 – $20 per hour (experienced Opticians earn more)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Apprentice Optician Job Responsibilities
- Provide patients with exceptional customer service by understanding and assisting the patient’s needs.
- Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate client.
- Maximize sales offering and educating clients on lens options
- Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits such as copays, allowances, and eligibilities
- Ensure insurances are billed correctly and by the end of each day
- Use proper tools to take accurate measurements, and fit/adjust eyewear as needed for patients
- Troubleshoot any issues client may experience with glasses we have made for them
- Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the patients’ needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of delivery times.
- Confirm RX, lens materials, coating, and quality are in “passing condition” before notifying patient that glasses are ready for pick up and dispensing.
- Ensure product pricing is accurate
- Accurately process client transactions/payment
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office; dust, clean frames, clean and stock bathroom as needed
- Stock eyeglass cases, cleaners, contact lens station, ensure frame boards are full as applicable
- Schedule clients to see the doctor accordingly (reason for visit, insurance, etc)
Apprentice Optician Job Qualifications
- 1-3 years previous Optician experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills with CRM software, Order Processing programs, and Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Knowledge of billing and insurance
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
Positions available in the following locations:
- Bucktown on Damen, 60647
- East Lakeview on Broadway, 60657
- Lakeview on Southport, 60613
- Lincoln Park on Clark, 60614
- Lincoln Square on Lincoln, 60625
- Loop on State and Madison, 60602
- The Shop on Northbridge on Michigan Avenue, 60611
- Pilsen on 18th Street, 60608
- North Andersonville on Clark Street, 60660
- South Andersonville on Clark Street, 60640
- Streeterville on Ontario, 60611
- The Shops on Northbridge on Grand, 60611
- West Loop on Randolph, 60607
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 110914