The Area Manager manages all aspects of clinical operations for assigned area within the region. Responsible for overall employee performance, staffing and front office activities, including reception area, distribution and review of mail, large purchasing requests, inventory control, and facility management. Also, responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Implementing policies and procedures and ensure UCA compliance is current at all assigned clinics. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages overall clinic operations to ensure quality metrics are achieved, all operational costs controlled and the clinics are achieving overall budgeted EBITDA. Ensures clinics are open and appropriately staffed during regularly scheduled hours and special events. Ensures each facility equipment is available, operational, safe and clean. Responsible for being present and available for all assigned locations.
- Assist in ensuring physical plant, furnishings and equipment are in proper working order. Recommends capital expenditures as necessary. Inspects and maintains records on facilities and equipment including Biomed reports and facilities completion.
- Ensures landscape and clinic appearance are well-kept, attractive, and reflective of the clinics quality of care.
- Resolves and approves billing holds, financial refunds and accounting corrections, originating at the multiple sites.
- Oversees and monitors supply inventories and ensures adequate supplies are ordered and on hand for each assigned clinic.
- Inspects and maintains records on facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates facility and equipment maintenance and other vendor services for each assigned location in the region.
- Develops monthly staff schedule, reviews timecards, and provides input to payroll calculation for all assigned clinics.
- Performs front-end registration and/or clinical tasks as back-up in case of employee absence or high patient volume.
- Selects, trains, supervises, and develops employees and monitors quality and production level of site staff.
- Ensures staff is adequately trained and equipped to perform their jobs.
- Ensures staff follow all clinic policies and procedures, using performance management when needed to hold staff accountable and license are current.
- Must be able to travel to other locations as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous training in HIPAA, bloodborne pathogens, COR and emergency procedures.
- Proficient and able to train others in common computer programs, such as Microsoft Office, Internet and Email.
- Superior customer service skills to handle escalated issues.
- Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in supervisory or management position.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 29759