Why You’ll Love This Job
To assist the Director of Catering and Sales Managers in making the most efficient use of their time. Handle all daily correspondence; assist in answering the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner by greeting and identifying the department and their name. Assist guests with their needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle incoming phone calls for Sales Managers in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Handle incoming and out coming faxes.
- Mailings – Mail menus, contracts, deposit receipts, inquiry letters, etc. as instructed by Director of Catering and Sales Manager.
- Log all inquiries on appropriate sheet and mail/fax information as requested
- Become knowledgeable with menus and pricing.
- Become knowledgeable in hotel and catering policies and procedures.
- Maintain an organized filing system for all contracts.
- Update and organize the catering drive to ensure all menus are current.
- Prepare sales kits and wedding packages for the office.
- Attend tradeshows/ marketing events as needed by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Send post function Thank you letters.
- Compile and distribute weekly packages of outstanding contracts.
- Prepare and distribute BEO packages, add-on contracts, floor plans, guarantee sheets, change logs, menus to follow and addendums.
- Circulate change sheets when necessary.
- Prepare wedding packages and appointment schedules for front desk log with Post As information.
- Detail banquet event orders using Reserve Catering software.
- Document Payments: Deposits, Final Payments and 40% in Opera and Reserve.
- Keep spreadsheets updated weekly: Ballroom Weddings, Wedding Deposits and Guarantee Sheet.
- Prepare Banquet checks in advance for staff.
- Notify Director of Catering and Sales Managers of: Outstanding signed contracts and BEO’s needed for the following week’s package.
- Track inventory for Wedding Packages, floorplans, room blocks, recommended services, contract paper, direction cards, stationary etc.
- Check e-mails and voicemails and respond accordingly for manager when they are not in the hotel.
- Distribute tastings to appropriate departments and note on the cover sheet.
- Be familiar with Molly Pitcher Inn/Oyster Point Hotel sales policies, hotel rules and hotel terminology.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management within the scope of the department.
$17 an hour
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be organized, personable, motivated, and a self-starter.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player, capable of working and maintaining composure under pressure, all while promoting a positive atmosphere.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook.
- Previous administrative experience a plus
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- The position requires mobility. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects.
- Must be able to bend, squat, pull and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 105904