Why You’ll Love This Job
The Courtyard by Marriott Bellevue Downtown is looking for a Part time Bartender to join our team. We are managed by Puget Sound Hospitality which owns and operates 5 hotels in the Puget sound area.
It is our passion and responsibility to provide unmatched service to our guests and create opportunities for our associates. We aim to achieve success for our owners by being innovative and constantly evolving, exceeding the expectations of our associates and guests, and creating an environment of Inspired Connections.
We strongly believe in career advancement opportunities across our properties and work with managers to identify and train individuals who are interested in learning and growing within our organization.
Salary: $16.52 per hour
Location: 11010 NE 8th St. Bellevue, WA 98004.
Commute/Transportation: We are located just 1 block from the bus transit station and future Link Light rail station and offer a discounted annual ORCA pass. If you prefer to drive, we offer free parking to all of our employees in our underground garage.
Benefits: Our benefits package is available to full time employees after they complete 60 days of employment. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D. We also have 6 paid holidays.
PTO is accrued at 0.0538 hours per hour starting on day 1 of employment.
We partner with Colonial life to offer supplemental insurance options such as accident, short term disability, and whole life during our annual enrollment.
We have a 401(K) retirement plan available to all employees who are 21+ and have been employed for 6 months.
We offer Marriott employee room rates as well as Marriott friends and family room rates that can be used based on availability at any Marriott location worldwide.
Work shifts: This is primarily an evening shift.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The daily job duties
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change if necessary.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean and sterilize glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the register system.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests seated at the bar.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Reset tables in bar area.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve snacks and menu food items to guests seated at the bar and in the bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit, and prepare other garnishes for drinks.
- Ask guests who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
- Arrange and maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Recognize and learn the names of regular guests
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Must be 21+ and have a valid MAST permit
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to understand and speak using the predominant language(s) of guests
- Able to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system
- Be dressed in proper uniform at all times to include wearing of a name tag.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and containers weighing up to 25 pounds
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Puget Sound Hospitality participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify English and Spanish (PDF)
Type: Part Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 119780