Why You’ll Love This Job
The Courtyard by Marriott Bellevue Downtown is looking for a Bartender/Server to join our team. We are managed by Puget Sound Hospitality which owns and operates 5 hotels in the Puget sound area.
It is our passion and responsibility to provide unmatched service to our guests and create opportunities for our associates. We aim to achieve success for our owners by being innovative and constantly evolving, exceeding the expectations of our associates and guests, and creating an environment of Inspired Connections.
We strongly believe in career advancement opportunities across our properties and work with managers to identify and train individuals who are interested in learning and growing within our organization.
Salary: $16.52 per hour plus tips
Location: 11010 NE 8th St. Bellevue, WA 98004.
Commute/Transportation: We are located just 1 block from the bus transit station and future Link Light rail station and offer a discounted annual ORCA pass. If you prefer to drive, we offer free parking to all of our employees in our underground garage.
Benefits: Our benefits package is available to full time employees after they complete 60 days of employment. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D. We also have 6 paid holidays.
PTO is accrued at 0.0538 hours per hour starting on day 1 of employment.
We partner with Colonial life to offer supplemental insurance options such as accident, short term disability, and whole life during our annual enrollment.
We have a 401(K) retirement plan available to all employees who are 21+ and have been employed for 6 months.
We offer Marriott employee room rates as well as Marriott friends and family room rates that can be used based on availability at any Marriott location worldwide.
Work shifts: This is primarily an evening shift but flexibility is always a plus
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The daily job duties
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Escort guests to their tables.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials, and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Write guests’ food and beverage orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Serve food or beverages to guests, including room service orders
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change if necessary.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean and sterilize glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Record food and drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the register system.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Reset tables
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve snacks and menu food items to guests seated at the bar and in the bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit, and prepare other garnishes for drinks.
- Ask guests who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Valid MAST permit
- Valid Washington State Food workers card
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to understand and speak using the predominant language(s) of guests
- Able to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system
- Be dressed in proper uniform at all times to include wearing of a name tag.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and containers weighing up to 25 pounds
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Puget Sound Hospitality participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify English and Spanish (PDF)
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113535