The Behavior Specialist applies skills and training to assess and monitor behaviors, develop behavior plans, monitor and adjust the behavior plan, and assist Resident Life Coaches implementing the behavior plan. Skills applied include behavior management techniques, intervention strategies, coping skills and problem-solving skills. This position works within the Resident Life Team and will also perform duties of the Resident Life Coach such as teaching classes and helping residents with their activities of daily living.
This position will work 12p-8p 5 days per week including some weekends.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Observing and assessing resident behavior.
- Developing and implementing behavior plans to address behavioral issues.
- Supporting residents throughout the process.
- Communicating with members of the Resident Life Team, caregivers, and families to implement behavioral plans.
- Monitoring and recording progress.
- Conducting assessments to determine resident improvements.
- Maintaining resident records and progress reports.
- Provide training, workshops and consultation to residents, families and co-workers
- Collaborating with other healthcare specialists and support organizations.
- Degree in mental health, psychology or a related field required.
- ABA or RBT preferred
- Experience and direct contact with adult individuals with special needs.
- Strong working knowledge of behavioral theory and applied behavior analysis.
- Understanding of the characteristics and behaviors associated with disorders.
- Ability to handle intense emotional situations.
- Ability to apply behavioral principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent stress management skills.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 29941