Start an exciting career as a Behavior Technician in our Aurora, IL location and surround yourself with the best in the industry and achieve the career success to which you aspire!
As an Behavior Technician, you will make a positive impact on the lives of children and young adults in this respected behavioral health role while helping them navigate a world that can be extra challenging at times. Learn and grow as an important member of a helpful and friendly team committed to successfully meeting any challenge head-on. With the support of your capable leaders and access to educational opportunities, your Behavior Technician career will flourish. As a member of our work family, you will receive generous perks and benefits that include health, vision and dental insurance, employer-funded life and disability insurance, the option to use DailyPay, access to Teladoc and our Employee Assistance Program, a Flex Spending Account, a 401k, paid time off and holiday pay.
This is an amazing opportunity to fast-track your career! Apply for our job opening today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Behavior Technician Responsibilities:
- Supervise patient activity and monitor behavior at all times
- Implement, coordinate and engage in emergency and crisis intervention strategies and responses
- Assist in performing functional assessments of behaviors and developing intervention strategies
- Provide and/or accompany transport and supervision of patients to appointments, meetings and site trips
- Work with patients to ensure needs and schedules are met, and behavioral plans followed as prescribed
- Support the Director of Nursing, Unit Managers, supervisors and the inter-disciplinary teams
Behavior Technician Associate Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience as a Mental Health Technician (MHT) or associate degree (human services preferred)
- Ability to comprehend/demonstrate an understanding of the developmental milestones of children
- Current, valid state driver’s license; successful completion of background check and drug screen
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 29285