Why You’ll Love This Job
The Bellman handles all guest requests in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner to achieve maximum satisfaction while complying with all Hotel policies and procedures.
Friday: 1pm – 6pm OR 2pm – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm OR 10am – 6pm
Sunday: 9am – 5pm OR 10am – 6pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the best first impression of the hotel for all guests and visitors by treating all individuals in a warm, professional, and respectful manner that will make them want to come back and stay at the hotel again and again
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times
- Approaches all tasks with a “can-do” attitude and always strives for exceptional guest service and satisfaction
- Identify and explain guest room features to include use of a) air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls b) telephone c) television d) clock radio e) guest services directory f) in room safe g) lights h) bathroom amenities i) valet/laundry services k) door lock l) ice and vending areas.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Manager, Supervisor, or other team members.
- $14.13 an hour
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including opening and closing on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, as well as holidays.
- The position requires mobility. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds, as well as be able to push and pull carts and luggage weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 102067