The Retina Group of Florida is a multi-physician, multi-office and growing ophthalmology practice specializing in diseases of the retina. We are currently seeking a full-time billing and collections coordinator to join our team. The Retina Group of Florida prides itself on first class patient care, rewarding work environment and creating pathways for employee growth. The position is full-time with excellent benefits.
The billing and collections coordinator is responsible for obtaining payment from patients and insurances based on established contracts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify coding and billing errors
- Monitor insurance claims and contact insurance companies on behalf of the practice
- Update the patient account record to identify actions taken
- Assign bad debt accounts to the collection agency
- Monitor accounts receivable
- Reconciles detailed AR accounts, review and process account adjustments and overpayment refunds in an efficient and timely manner
- Process claim appeals
- Respond to detailed questions from patients and payers regarding claims or account status
- Maintain knowledge of all third party and CMS reimbursement requirements.
- Participate in a billing and collection related meetings to discuss new and on-going account resolution
- Set up payments plans on self-pay accounts.
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Excellent understanding of AR processes, third party payer and CMS regulations
- Ability to read and understand EOBs
- Experience using medical billing software
- Ability to prioritize tasks properly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Answer multi-line telephones
- Exhibit patience and compassion
- Self- directed with ability to work with minimal supervision
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31999