Why You’ll Love This Job
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Operations Management, the Billing Associate is responsible for collecting, posting and maintaining accounts payments. Submits claims and follows up with patients and insurance companies. Provides excellent customer service and support to patients, business partners and/or public in general.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Billing Associate Responsibilities
- Treats patients in a polite, friendly, prompt and helpful manner.
- Reviews encounters received for all pertinent information: patient information, insurance information, service descriptors, diagnosis codes and managed care authorization requirements.
- Prepares and submits electronic/paper claims to insurance companies or invoices to corporate accounts.
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements.
- Analyzes and ensure the accuracy of in information in the billing system.
- Enters, reviews and retrieving patient account information from E-Clinical. Ensures accuracy of information. Reconciles information on encounter form with information in E-Clinical. Investigates reject claims.
- Promptly identifies and resolves patients, insurance companies, laboratories, and related offices billing complaints.
- Serves as a liaison for all correspondence and queries pertaining to billing issues.
- Signs all outgoing faxes and company correspondence with name and job title.
- Prints and submits claims forms to all carriers and patients.
- Continues routine follow-up of claims submitted to monitor payment status.
- Performs collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Follows and reports status on delinquent accounts.
- Process payments from insurance companies and patients and prepares a daily deposit.
- Submit completed batches, including vouchers, transmittals, bank deposit slips, copies of checks, and credit card receipts.
- Reviews and processes medical record requests from all entities in keeping with MD Now Policy and to the letter of the law.
- Assists in credentialing for the providers with the insurance companies.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations. Assures patients confidentiality at all times.
- Participates in educational trainings and orientations to maintain and advance competency.
- Requires working on evenings, weekends and Holidays; based on rotation schedule.
- Answers phone by the third ring and returns all phone messages promptly and by the end of the business day.
- Is responsible for the cleanliness, neatness, proper organization and upkeep of their cubicle or office space.
- Maintains facility compliance with HIPAA laws. Ensures all paperwork and computer data files containing sensitive information such as patient demographic data, social security numbers, credit card numbers, insurance policy information, financial information and other highly sensitive information are locked down or disposed of in the shredding bins expressly provided for that purpose.
- Every voice mail will be returned by the end of the morning or by the end of the business day, depending on when it was received. Percent of incoming calls to voice mail – 10% or less.
- Traveling same day within location may be required as business need dictate.
Billing Associate Qualifications
- High School graduated.
- Two (2) years of college and/or an Associate Degree (AA) is helpful. Must provide proof of graduation.
- One (1) year of experience working in a customer service environment and/or medical office setting is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to their role.
- Computer Literate: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are desirable. E-Clinicals knowledge is helpful.
- Certification in Medical Billing is helpful. Proof of Certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively as a part of a team.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
- Ability to function independently and with flexibility.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 22034