Generates revenue by making payment arrangements; collecting accounts; monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts, working with insurance companies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Utilizes collection agencies and small claims court to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies; determining appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies; testifying for the practice in court cases.
- Enters and reviews physician charges into the practice management system, editing as needed to comply with insurance policies.
- Posts insurance payments and patient payments into the practice management system, transferring balances to the appropriate party.
- Enters insurance card information in the practice management system.
- Balances work at the end of the day to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects practice’s value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Picks up correspondence and checks from the Tenafly location as needed. Makes deposits to the bank if Billing Manager is absent or assigns this task for a particular reason.
- Graduation from High School or GED
- Computer literacy, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent verbal and documentation skills.
- Ability to serve others with different ethnic backgrounds. Bi-lingual preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Knowledge of CPT Coding, ICD-9 Coding, Insurance Company policies, Patient Collection laws and practices
- Reporting skills
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30363