Why You’ll Love This Job
Norris Academy, Psychiatric Residential Treatment program (PRTF) that serves youth between the ages of 5 and 17 with a diagnosis of Autistic Disorder, Asperger’s Disorder, and other Autism Spectrum Disorders as well as Emotional and Behavioral Disorders and Developmental Delays.
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) conducts Functional Behavior Assessments and other identified assessments to aid in the development of Behavior Support Plans. The BCBA works with assigned staff including Registered Behavior Technician Behavior Coaches to implement and teach direct care staff to implement behavior observation systems and behavior support plans in a Psychiatric Residential Treatment program (PRTF).
- Competitive salary
- Professional growth opportunities
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance for eligible employees after 30 days of employment
- Short-term disability & long-term disability
- SYFS Benefits Advantage Program
- 401K Matching after 30 days
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The BCBA works collaboratively with all service areas to implement all aspects of behavioral programming for identified students. The BCBA consults with direct care staff and supervisory staff to ensure that daily activity schedules and behavior programs are adequate to meet needs of students. The BCBA develops and implements systems for conducting reliability on behavioral programs to ensure program effectiveness. The BCBA monitors and ensures compliance with internal, state, federal, requirements as well as policies and procedures. The BCBA prepares reports and assists in the development of policies, plans, goals, and priorities; advises on trends, issues, developments, and future direction of behavioral programming. The BCBA presents a positive and professional image to all internal and external customers.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Special Education or related field.
- Certified as BCABA or BCBA, or eligible.
- 2 years of experience minimum working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Experience with Functional Behavior Assessments and writing Behavior Support Plans.
- Training and experience in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Must be able to collect, organize and present data/information clearly; utilize effective communication skills; train and direct staff; display strong clinical skills; and have a working knowledge of licensing/accrediting agency standards.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, delegate, coordinate, and provide all needed follow-up. Must have experience training employees, planning, assigning and directing work.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age prior to employment.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 42453