Why You’ll Love this Job
Daymark Living is a groundbreaking campus where adults with intellectual, cognitive or development disabilities can live, learn, and thrive. The campus sits on 40 acres near historic downtown Waxahachie, and includes 28 cottages and community buildings for dining, fitness and education. The Business Office Manager performs accounting, financial, payroll and related administrative duties in accordance with established guidelines to ensure the community's success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following job responsibilities are representative of the Business Office Manager:
- Prepare and monitor monthly billing and collection processes (no insurance, all private pay) utilizing established policies, procedures and tracking systems.
- Oversee cash controls including the depositing and posting of cash receipts and implementing and monitoring controls over petty cash.
- Maintain daily cash books for operational accounts and prepare monthly bank reconciliations. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Processing of accounts payable
- Ensure appropriate assignment of departmental expenses and supporting documentation is executed and maintained.
- Coordinate the processing of payroll and employee benefits with Daymark's EPO. Record payroll journal entries and prepare payroll variance reports.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and maintain appropriate reconciliations for Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly operations and financial analysis package to be presented to the Investors/Owners and the Board of Directors
- Maintain resident, vendor, employee and financial accounting files.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales tax reports and payments.
- Prepare annual financial budget, annual audit schedules, tax reports, and any state required reports.
- Supervises administrative support personnel
- Must express or demonstrate an interest in working with a special needs population.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 years experience as an Accountant or an Associates degree in Accounting or Finance with 4-5 years experience.
- Experience working with personal computers, computerized accounting software and Excel.
- The ability to conduct self in a businesslike manner and to effectively deal with residents, guests and staff.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS).
Type: Part Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 24023