Why You’ll Love This Job
The Busser ensures guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality service. Bussers work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment while maintaining a genuine, professional, and enthusiastic attitude and guarantee guest satisfaction. The Busser is responsible for setting and clearing dining room tables and setting tables, rapidly and accurately.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to set up/breakdown and continual maintenance of stations
- Assist servers in properly serving food and beverages
- Clear, clean and reset tables to ensure they are ready for the next Guest
- Ensure the dining room and service area are clean, stocked and visually appealing
- Help deliver an exceptional dining experience
- Make sure the chairs and floors around the tables are clean
- Perform station opening/closing duties each shift
- Restock glassware in service and bar areas
- Restock ice in service and bar areas
- Roll and/or polish silverware and glassware Requirements:
- Must have upbeat, outgoing and positive attitude
- Must be able to assist guests and possess great guest relations skills
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Assist all servers, bartenders, food runners, and managers whenever necessary.
- Complete all assigned closing side work duties.
- 1 Year of A la Carte experience in a Food & Beverage Operation, Country Club or Full-Service Restaurant.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Presents a professional appearance by wearing approved uniform and name tag.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high-volume work environment.
- Dependable team player with successful record of work attendance
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including nights and weekends
- Previous experience working in the food-service industry
$15-$20 an hour, tips inclusive
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone)
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing an average of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to continuously bend, twist, extend arms overhead to perform various technical tasks, and work in confined spaces, under varying temperature extremes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 110730