Why You’ll Love This Job
Unique healthcare company is seeking a Cardiovascular Certified Radiology Technician. The Cardiovascular Radiology Tech (RT) assists in all procedures performed in the Cardiovascular Intervention Center and is a member of the Cath Lab team. Ensures that technical factors appropriate for the given procedure are utilized. Assists physicians by functioning as scrub tech or circulator. They are responsible for being able to set up and operate all interventional equipment within the department that may be required for a given procedure. If you are ready to grow in a fast-paced and rewarding career with a revolutionary company, apply here today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares patient or area for the procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position, and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Positions all fluoroscopic equipment as need to obtain optimum views of all relevant anatomy during procedures
- Maintains and operates physiologic monitoring/recording for interventional radiologic studies.
- Monitors radiation exposure levels during all exams.
- Maintains film library and archives all digital images.
- Documents all actions taken by the cath lab team.
- Set up and operate all interventional equipment for a given procedure.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Orders all disposable inventory.
- Maintains relationships with vendors; negotiates pricing for disposable equipment.
- Monitors cost control during procedure and prevent opening unnecessary equipment, advises on disposable choices.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Maintains sterile field and sterile technique during case setup and during the procedure.
- Cultural practices will be addressed and supported if such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned courses of medical therapy.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols, and techniques
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards, and records for applicable governmental, regulatory, and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of the equipment.
- Enforces compliance with policy and procedure, as applicable.
- Participates in educational programs and staff meetings.
- Practices radiation safety and observes all principles to ALARA. This includes a good knowledge of all regulations and requirements set forth by the Texas Bureau of Radiation Control and the proper use and storage of personal radiation badges.
- Ensures a safe, therapeutic operating room environment is maintained for patients and healthcare providers.
- Ensures electrical safety is maintained.
- Graduate of an accredited program.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT-R) Certification.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Cardiac-Interventional (ARRT-CI) or Interventional Radiography (ARRT-VI) Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- For physical demands of the position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion, and environment, see the following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Job ID: 54341