Why You’ll Love This Job
Unique healthcare company is seeking a driven and dependable Cath Lab Register Nurse. This candidate provides direct patient care to adults through geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical, and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with physician operator continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of cath lab equipment and inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities. Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the surgical operating team are met. Monitors, positions, and assists patients during procedures. If you are ready to grow in a fast-paced and rewarding career with a revolutionary company, apply here today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Approaches patients in a kind, gentle and friendly manner.
- Administers sedation medication under the supervision and direction of the physician operator.
- Responds to the patient’s inappropriate behavior in a therapeutic manner.
- Takes appropriate actions and documents in response to manifested anxiety or distress.
- Gives patient explanations and verbal reassurances consistently.
- Adapts nursing procedures to meet the needs for treatment of individual adult and geriatric patients.
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes and takes appropriate actions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to assess cardiorespiratory systems for changes in adult to geriatric patients and treats appropriately.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age-specific needs and provide the care needed by the patient group.
- Directs and assists in maintenance and handling of special equipment and instruments.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the cath lab or ICU or PACU.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of the position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion, and environment, see the following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Job ID: 54342