Why You’ll Love This Job
The CDL Truck Driver ships and receives finished goods and by-product materials from plant and warehouse, drive jockey truck to and from warehouse, keep production supplied with proper materials, stage trailers with material in dock doors for night production, and organize and clean warehouse and warehouse docks. This career opportunity will be based out of our RI – Richmond (Richmond, IN) facility.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Ships and receives finished goods and by-product materials from plant and warehouse, drive jockey truck to and from warehouse, keep production supplied with proper materials, stage trailers with material in dock doors for night production, and organize and clean warehouse and warehouse docks. This career opportunity will be based out of our RI – Richmond (Richmond, IN) facility.
- Load and unload trucks at both the plant and the warehouse
- Prepare loads for shipment by completing load out sheets
- Use scan gun to inventory and ship material to customer and to and from warehouse. Must be able to learn to use SAP software.
- Keep production floor cleared to make room for material coming off the manufacturing line
- Make sure production has proper materials brought from the warehouse daily to run line
- Keep docks inside and out free of trash and debris at plant and warehouse
- Inspect lift trucks daily before use
- Keep jockey truck clean, gassed and in good working condition
- Learn all positions in the logistics department
- Follow all Departmental SOP’s.
- Support safety initiatives in the plant
- Follow all applicable company and plant Quality, Safety, and Housekeeping rules. (See Requirements)
- Learn to complete shipping paperwork and scale trucks in and out of facility
- Inventory trailers daily and make sure in good working condition
- Complete daily inspection log of jockey truck
- Learn to operate bobcat for cleaning purposes
- Take trucks to off-site warehouse when needed
- Stage empty and full trailers in docks at plant and warehouse for loading and unloading
- Transport Maintenance equipment/parts to and from warehouse or plant
- Related duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Lift truck experience
- Must have valid class A CDL license and current physical card
- Past shipping and receiving experience a plus
- Reliable transportation to go to and from warehouse when needed
- Requires walking, standing, stooping, some lifting, forward bending and crouching.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
- Strong logistics orientation and high attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work and perform in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong listening skills. Able to understand and take direction from Logistic Supervisor.
- Ability to complete and correctly total load out sheets
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113935