The Central Intake Clinician responds to inquiry calls, conducts initial intake assessments, provide referrals, and coordinate admissions process according to Joint Commission, Federal and State Regulations, Oceans’ Mission, policies and procedure sand Performance Improvement Standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responds to inquiry calls, completes inquiry forms accurately, schedules assessments in a timely manner and documents follow-ups calls made regarding pending assessments.
2. Conducts assessments via phone, completes Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessments Initial Triage thoroughly.
3. Refers patients who are not appropriate for facility programs to appropriate resources.
4. Coordinates per-certification process, admissions process for patients admitted to facility programs, including admission forms, CIAs, and documents pertinent UR information.
5. Delivers patient services in a respectful manner which promotes dignity and patient satisfaction.
6. Identifies safety needs including ability to detect possible signs of abuse and neglect and report same to clinical staff.
7. Identifies special mobility and equipment needs of patients
8. Assess and interprets age and disability needs-to assess level of care needed and made appropriate referrals based on same.
9. Communicates with patients and families in manner sensitive to their age, disability and cultural needs and involves families of minors or significant others in decision making related to treatment as appropriate.
10. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Registered Nurse/ Licensed Practical Nurse licensure required, 1-2 years of intake experience.
Minimum of one-year or experience in Mental Health/Chemical Dependency field working with an Age/Disability Specific population served by this facility preferred.
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse required.
Intake Clinician: 2 years (Preferred)
Must successfully complete CPR certification and an Oceans approved behavioral health de-escalation program.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 29465