Why You’ll Love This Job
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
The Banner Surgery Center-Sports Medicine is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Located at 7400 N. Dobson Rd in Scottsdale, the surgery center is a newly built facility that is part of a dynamic group of ASCs that stands by providing exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients in the east valley of Phoenix. The focus of the ASC will be Orthopedics, which can adapt to all specialties and offers six operating rooms and twenty-two pre/post care bays. This facility will uphold a “team foundation” centered around the Atlas company values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. Atlas believes each person is unique and crucial to positive outcomes, but one person does not make the team. Alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much!
Banner Health and Atlas Healthcare have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, their focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Decontaminates, assembles and packages all instruments following established protocols as well as perform necessary repairs, reassembles and stores specialized surgical instruments. Prepares all order requests as necessary for replacement parts for instruments and additional equipment as necessary or upon request of physicians.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by adhering to Standard Precautions and Infection Control practices. Staff will don proper Personnel Protective equipment (PPE), follows protocols for decontamination process referencing Instructions for Use (IFU) supplied by the manufacturers.
- Identifies instruments for all specialties and assures proper function. Follows protocol for repair or replacement of instruments that are not functioning properly. Assembles and packages all instrumentation and sets according to dept. protocol. Utilizes equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and hospital policy.
- Operates steam autoclaves, ETO and Gas Plasma sterilizers. Maintains appropriate logs and records relating to the sterilization process, including the Ethylene Oxide Aeration Records, Sterilizer Load Records, and Biological Monitoring Records.
- Responds to problem calls from the Operating Room and performs preliminary investigation. Determines priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests and other hospital needs. Directs services in a competent and professional manner while assuring OR priorities are completed in a timely manner.
High school diploma or GED required. Requires current national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor and relevant experience with sterilizing instruments which qualifies the candidate for the national certification exam or certified registration. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills. Must have at least 1 years of recent sterile processing experience.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 101333