Why You’ll Love This Job
The Chemical Operator works under the supervision of a Team Manager and operates chemical processes which produce intermediates for PET plastic molding compound. Performs work outside the control room in the production areas related to production services, product sampling, packaging, and materials handling.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Chemical Operator works under the supervision of a Team Manager and operates chemical processes which produce intermediates for PET plastic molding compound. Performs work outside the control room in the production areas related to production services, product sampling, packaging, and materials handling. Operates production equipment such as filter and dryer systems, oxidizers, and distillation equipment with allied equipment such as vacuum jets, pumps, and heat exchangers. Monitors and maintains equipment in the Intermediates Area specific to the process. When working in the Control Room, operators monitor the process through a distributed control system (DCS) and make adjustments to process conditions as necessary, log the changes, monitor sample results, write work notifications, and send out production reports. All Operators will rotate regularly through all of these assignments. This career opportunity will be based out of our CA – Columbia (Gaston, SC) facility.
Safety / Environmental Responsibilities:
- Assist in Area Safety duties as prescribed in addition to being a Safety Role Model for operators.
- Ensure weekly safety requirements are completed.
- Assist in reviewing and signing Safe Work Permits as needed.
- Ensure area/shift team completes MACT/Title V Environmental documentation and send appropriate notifications.
- Receive guidance and training from Instructor-Safety Coordinator.
- Communicate status of operational-technical training weekly to Instructor-Safety coordinator.
- Serve on the plant ERT (Emergency Response Team)
- These quality responsibilities are in addition to the operator quality responsibilities as required within area ISO documents.
- Ensure weekly ISO audit in completed timely and thoroughly.
- Verify and review work instruction paper work (for example mix sheets, transitions sheets, SU/SD etc…)
- Review and document shift/area activities in the area log book.
- Complete entries for shift/daily reports.
The requirements that an individual must possess to perform the essential elements of the job:
Job skills, educational background, training requirements or training required:
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to read with comprehension and interpret job/division polices and procedures
- Must be able to write legibly
- Must be able to communicate clearly with others orally, in writing and electronically
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Must be able to work overtime as requested
- Must be able to walk, stand and sit
- Must be able to operate a personal computer
- Must be able to understand, interpret, and remember written and oral procedures
- Must routinely be able to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be mentally alert
- Must be able to routinely apply knowledge, team and problem solving techniques in decision making
- Must be able to work harmoniously in team environment
- Must be able to interact cooperatively and constructively with customers, supervision, and co-workers
- Must be able to learn, remember and apply new skills and technologies
- Must understand and follow all applicable, safety requirements and expectations
- Must be able to wear required PPE when passing through and working in manufacturing areas.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113729