Why You’ll Love This Job
The clinic coordinator is directly responsible to Dr. Reddy, the administrator, and practice manager. The clinic coordinator has the responsibility for overall direction, utilization, supervision, and instruction of nurses, medical assistants, lab technicians, radiology technicians, volunteers, students, and any other clinical staff utilized in the clinic. Primary duties are planning, directing or controlling the activities, training, and operations of the clinical facility. Additionally, the clinic coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of all performance improvement programs, written policies and procedures, and maintaining adequate, qualified, and competent personnel, adequate supplies, and adequate equipment to ensure a high degree of quality patient care/services.
The Clinic Coordinator performs routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the day-to-day activities and operations of the entire clinic.
- Ensure patient rights are upheld
- Plan, organize, direct, control, or coordinate the activities of personnel as well as suppliers and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, or supplies.
- Enforce adherence to policies, procedures or regulations and advise on standards. Inspect and enforce regulations on such matters as health, safety, CLIA, OSHA, COLA, etc
- Compile and maintain personnel records: Amount of production, reports on ability and accuracy of performance.
- Order supplies, receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items from stockroom. Process and keep records of purchase orders and invoices.
- Make sure the patient flow is optimal with least waiting time with providers, lab, radiology and other ancillary services.
- Maintains an inventory of all insurance plans and policies that the facility currently has in effect. Make recommendations to administrator concerning additions, deletions or cancellations of any procedures or labs or other ancillary services based on reimbursement.
- Research proposed equipment purchases. Make proposals to the physicians as to the advantages and disadvantages of each item. Search for the lowest possible price for the highest quality.
- Review weekly time records for employees to ensure minimal overtime. Establishes vacation schedules and approves all sick and emergency leaves in conjunction with practice manager.
- Creates and maintains an on-the-job training program for employees to ensure that they have a thorough understanding of their jobs and have been cross-trained to cope with emergencies.
- New Personnel: a. Assist with recruitment of applicants for positions. b. Verifies information on employment application forms. c. Train through Reddy & Associates, LLC manuals and training procedures.
- To plan for future improvement in procedures and organization of the clinic: a. Develop a master plan in conjunction with the physicians to guide the growth of the facility in the shortterm ( 1 year ) and long-term (up to 5 years). b. Plan new programs to be developed within the clinic. Researches opportunities, develops plan for physician review and approval to market new or existing services the facility may offer. c. Anticipates problems that may have a major impact on the facility and its future. Analyzes problems and develops solutions for them. Present solutions to physicians for discussion and decision making. d. Constantly monitors facility operating statistics and referral patterns to isolate trends and dramatic changes in performance to ensure the facility is maintaining its place and competitive edge in the community and the surrounding areas.
- Maintains a current knowledge of CPT, ICD-9-CM codes and DRGs and the potential impact they may have on the operations of the facility in the future. Ensure that correct coding of procedures and diagnosis is accomplished in order for the practice to receive proper reimbursement.
- Maintenance and proper care of all equipment in the office. Call and setup repairs for equipment after obtaining approval from Administrator or Dr. Reddy. Report equipment problems immediately to Dr. Reddy, Administrator or Practice manager.
Policies and Procedures:
- Prepares and maintains Policy and Procedures Manual in conjunction with Administrator and other clinical managers which provides details on the operating rules.
- Standardizes procedures and initiates changes where necessary. Constantly reviews procedures to determine there is a more efficient and less costly way to conduct the business of the facility without sacrificing the quality of patient care.
- To actively participate in and adhere to all policies and procedures as enumerated in the risk management program.
- To review any procedures with clinic personnel as necessary.
- Responsible for carrying out the request(s) of the physician(s); good public relations; protection of confidential data; economic use of time; equipment and supplies; safety and welfare of patients and employees.
- Maintains a current knowledge of Health Maintenance Organizations, Preferred Provider Organizations, Independent Physicians Associations and other forms private practice. Monitor the activities of other physicians and providers of patient care in the community to detect changes that may result in the formation of one or more of the above organizations.
- Working knowledge of computer software and hardware.
- Must be able to instill confidence in patients, doctors and personnel; ability to think clearly in making judgment decisions in initiating facility policy on his or her own; adapt to emergency situations; be alert to necessary changes in clinic policies and procedures; be alert to all activities of the clinic.
- Dexterity: Must have coordination of sight, hearing and body movements in various applications of clinical operating procedures; techniques of assisting and handling patients and clinical personnel; and knowledge of modern office equipment, systems, and procedures. Be able to operate and instruct clinic personnel in the safe and proper operating procedures of all equipment in the office.
- Accuracy: A high degree of accuracy is required in carrying out clinic operations; in receiving and translating information; and in charting and reporting.
- Good Physical Stamina and strength. Be able to stand all day.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- At least 1-2 years of medical environment experience and at least one year of which must have been supervisory with total responsibility for all facets of management
- Must have at least 1+ years of Front Office and Back office experience in a Medical Clinic
- Must have verification card of the current instruction in CPR
- Must have superior knowledge and skills associated with administration
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31891