Why You’ll Love This Job
The receptionist is responsible for managing the flow of guests both in-person and on the phone and performing administrative tasks.
Prism Health North Texas follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on vaccinations for healthcare workers, to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff, and their families. As part of the pre-employment screening process, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Clinic Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone, takes complete messages or relays calls efficiently to staff or to voicemail. Receives guests and announces them to appropriate staff.
- Checks in clients, verifies patient demographics and insurance, updates forms and consents, and controls the collection and reporting of co-payments.
- Maintains adequate inventory of office supplies, purchases office supplies, and organizes supply room/cabinets.
- Maintains adequate inventory of medical supplies including vaccines, submits supply order to clinic administrator or associate clinic administrator in a timely fashion, and organizes the medical supplies including rotating stock and discarding expired supplies.
- Performs specified non-nursing patient care activities which may include administering immunizations, collecting patient vital data, drawing blood and collecting other lab specimens, performing lab procedures, and performing basic diagnostic activities in accordance with the standards established by the Public Health Guidelines for HIV care and Agency Standard Operating Procedures.
- Serves as a patient advocate, focusing on patient needs, patient rights, confidentiality and religious and cultural preferences. Assists in communicating these needs and preferences to the assigned clinical team.
- Monitors ongoing patient status and responds to a patient’s change in condition by notifying and assisting nurses and medical providers.
- Maintains exam rooms and waiting areas in a clean and organized state. Restocks exam rooms weekly and changes biohazard and sharps containers as needed. Participates in employee events and meetings such as All Staff, Clinic Meetings, employee activities, workshops and other training. Takes initiative and responsibility for own continuing education and growth by attending in- service sessions, workshops, reading magazines or journals on patient care. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices. Participates in clinical team meetings regarding client care, needs, procedural changes, etc.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all activities performed.
- Provides data entry support for electronic health records system.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and procedures or methods and make recommendations
to the clinic administrator or associate clinic administrator for appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction that support the overall goals of the Agency.
- Maintains, updates, and consistently utilizes knowledge of cleanliness, infection control, safety, privacy, supplies, and equipment usage to optimize customer care and services. Monitors condition of patient environment and equipment corrects any negative conditions and/or report the deficiencies or defects for immediate correction as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the medical assistance area. Follows internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding and reports any unethical or fraudulent behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
Clinic Receptionist Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and high level of professionalism.
- Must have strong sense of professional boundaries and communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and skill in the use of clinical equipment and
- Must be experienced with Excel, Word, and Outlook and data entry. Electronic medical records
- Must be able to demonstrate written skills for documentation purposes.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant training program preferred.
- Must have 2 years’ experience in medical facility.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card.
- Must have certification of Hepatitis B vaccination series.
- Bilingual preferred.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 92203