Why You’ll Love This Job
This position has the potential for upward mobility including assuming Controller Position in the future. We are looking for a responsible and detail-oriented assistant to our controller to assist with the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly reports and financial statements, assist with cost accounting data and reporting, budget reports, and internal control systems. Duties in this role to include managing accounts payable/receivable, reconciling accounts, and assisting with financial audits. You must be able to work independently and with the highest level of integrity.
To be successful in this role you should have exceptional accounting skills and knowledge of relevant industry regulations. The ideal candidate will also be well-organized and have excellent management skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Daily Banking and Fiscal Reports to management
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements and reports.
- Assisting with the development and evaluation of budgets and preparing budget reports.
- Supporting the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
- Assist with job costing and accounting in our manufacturing operation.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, identifying discrepancies, and reconciling accounts.
- Supporting the accounting department with all aspects of the general ledger.
- Ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Preparing and managing accounts using various software programs.
- Preparing and assisting with audits.
- Supervising and overseeing Customer Service Department/Order processing
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or in a related field.
- Minimum Five years’ experience in a corporate accounting position, as an assistant controller, or in a similar role.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CFM, or CMA preferred but not required.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of accounting software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent math and accounting skills.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 100137