Why You’ll Love This Job
The ideal candidate for the DCS Engineer role will be results driven, motivated by technical challenges and have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate for the DCS Engineer role will be results driven, motivated by technical challenges and have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills. This position will be based out of our Gaston, SC facility and will be responsible for the following:
- Automation Support for Manufacturing Systems using Emerson DeltaV DCS Systems and AllenBradley PLCs including programming, graphics development, and system hardware support
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software requirements for projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements and business needs
- Manage projects – defining scope, stakeholder analysis, objectives, timeline, testing phase, implementation and evaluation.
- Write control narratives, technical procedures, and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, Troubleshooting procedures, etc.
- Train users on new and existing programs
- Work collaboratively with Maintenance and Operations with commissioning, functional checkout and startup of control equipment and the process that it is on.
- Supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying existing and legacy control systems
- Develop and apply communication interfaces between equipment and control systems using various protocols.
- Develop and apply DCS/PLC programming
- Develop and apply HMI programming
- All other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- DCS Experience in a continuous process environment (Emerson DeltaV preferred)
- PLC Programming experience on AllenBradley controllers would be a plus
- Electrical/Control System design
- Familiarity with Windows Server Class OS 2008 and higher, Domain/AD controllers, Windows 10, Windows 7, and basic Ethernet Networking
- Basic understanding of Safety Systems (S84), NFPA 70E (NEC) a plus.
- Read and understand project related drawings
- Ability to write documents such as User Requirements, Functional Specifications, Detailed Design Specifications, Hardware and Software installation and configuration procedures, etc.
- Work with engineering contractors to provide technical information as needed for design of PTA and PET production facilities licensed by DAK
- Conduct full functional and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Participate in and lead Startup and Commissioning of projects at the customer site
- Develop technical solutions and resolve project issues
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues
- Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude
- Willingness to work on-call hours and over time/nights/holidays as needed
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 113641