Why You’ll Love This Job
The Courtyard by Marriott Bellevue Downtown is looking for a full time Cook to join our team. We are managed by Puget Sound Hospitality which owns and operates 5 hotels in the Puget sound area.
It is our passion and responsibility to provide unmatched service to our guests and create opportunities for our associates. We aim to achieve success for our owners by being innovative and constantly evolving, exceeding the expectations of our associates and guests, and creating an environment of Inspired Connections.
We strongly believe in career advancement opportunities across our properties and work with managers to identify and train individuals who are interested in learning and growing within our organization.
Salary: $22.72 per hour
Location: 11010 NE 8th St. Bellevue, WA 98004.
Commute/Transportation: We are located just 1 block from the bus transit station and future Link Light rail station and offer a discounted annual ORCA pass. If you prefer to drive, we offer free parking to all of our employees in our underground garage.
Benefits: Our benefits package is available to full time employees after they complete 60 days of employment. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D. We also have 6 paid holidays.
PTO is accrued at 0.0538 hours per hour starting on day 1 of employment.
We partner with Colonial life to offer supplemental insurance options such as accident, short term disability, and whole life during our annual enrollment.
We have a 401(K) retirement plan available to all employees who are 21+ and have been employed for 6 months.
We offer Marriott employee room rates as well as Marriott friends and family room rates that can be used based on availability at any Marriott location worldwide.
Work shifts: Our restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner. Shifts can be flexible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The daily job duties
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Prepare relishes and hors d’oeuvres.
- Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Two or more years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Washington State Food worker card
- Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel
- Be dressed in proper uniform at all times. Uniforms to be clean and presentable, shoes must be non-slip and meet all safety requirements.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Puget Sound Hospitality participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 117919