Why You’ll Love This Job
If you have a passion for helping others and enjoy interacting with the general public, FYZICAL, the leading physical therapy company in the country, has a Customer Service Representative opening in Cypress, TX, that will be a great opportunity for you!
As the first and last person our amazing clients see when they enter and exit our cutting-edge facility, your role as the Customer Service Representative is central to our daily operations. We are looking for someone who is inviting and personable when assisting our clients.
The FYZICAL franchise is committed to changing the PT industry by creating non-traditional, individualized treatment plans and want you along on that important journey. As part of the FYZICAL family, you can take advantage of advancement opportunities, with access our continuing education trainings, opening the door to further career growth, and supported by a practice leader who is fully invested in you.
This excellent opportunity will not last long. Apply for FYZICAL’s Customer Service Representative job opening today!
There several possible advancements from this position, and we are happy to discuss those with you. Apply today and submit your resume.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle patient scheduling, appointments, multi-phone line
- Gather new patient data; keep track of all patient referrals
- Disseminate information to patients; act as a go-between for patients and physicians
- Send and keep a log of all reports sent to doctors
- Collect all payments; insurance verification
- Collect/open mail; distribute mail to proper areas/people
- Send benefits paperwork to billing companies
- Handle all scheduling and ensuing communication
- Answer phones, act as a patient liaison, answer any questions from potential or current patients
- Schedule patients; coordinate evaluations, re-evaluations, appointment reminders and cancellations
- Collect new patient intake information; track all clinic referrals
- Fax reports to physicians; keep a log of incoming reports
- Verify Insurance and track insurance-covered visits; take copayments
- Communicate with the office manager and clinicians about scheduling/patient arrival
- Maintaining the common areas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. / Valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Excel, Word, and Outlook (mail)
- Great communicator and multitasker, regularly communicating with our clients, team members, and the owner
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude / good work ethic
- Great demeanor
- Strong integrity
- Compassion for clients that may be in pain
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 116243