Why You’ll Love This Job
Carter Paper & Packaging, Inc. is seeking an Customer Service Specialist to join our team! You will be responsible for helping our customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
This position will report directly to the General Manager.
Carter Paper & Packaging is a family-owned business providing packaging, industrial, and business supplies. We have proudly served the Midwest for the past 69 years.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Become proficient at following-up with suppliers, checking order status, and communicating with customers
- Contact and promote relations with current and potential customers
- Handle customer calls regarding orders and questions
- Handle customer walk-ins who place orders and come for pickups
- Do product research with suppliers in order to generate customer quotes
- Develop relationships with suppliers from whom we will purchase
- Assist customers in setting up their unique accounts on our web site shopping cart
- Process account receivable checks
- Help manage and maintain company web site shopping cart in cooperation with IT as new items need to be added, based on customer input and experience
- Work as a member of our Creative Marketing Team in establishing and maintaining marketing functions, including social media, and advertising
- Desire continued growth to help a successful distribution company in the Peoria area
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Understanding of procurement and working with suppliers
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently; self-starter, energetic, and professional
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work efficiently, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with Distribution and/or Manufacturing and/or Inside Sales preferred, but not required.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 112801