Why You’ll Love This Job
Digital Appointment Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
Hourly Income: $21
Reports to: Director of Patient Care Services
Work Location: Leesburg, VA
Who We Are
We believe that no one should feel alone, and we are sure you feel the same. We are a Maryland & Virginia company specializing in providing traditional and innovative psychiatric & psychotherapy treatments to the residents of the DMV & Baltimore area. We are rapidly growing and are looking for a Digital Appointment Coordinator to grow with us. Bloom Health Centers provides comprehensive behavioral health services by a group of competent, independent practitioners. We diagnose and treat children, adolescents, adults, and the geriatric population. Psychological testing and neuropsychological testing are available for a variety of disorders, including ADHD, brain injuries and head trauma, and memory problems.
Too many people dismiss their mental health needs by assuming it will get better or that they can “tough it out.” For many people, this simply is not true. At Bloom Health Centers, we want to help you find the balance and perspective you need to live your best life. And since people can struggle with their mental health at any point in their lifetime, we work with clients of all ages.
Our dedicated team of psychiatrists, therapists, and psychologists, focus on producing positive results through treatment of stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and many other disorders. Our foundation of success is based on our ABCs:
- All as One
- Be the Change
- Courage to Care
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Appointment Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Communicate with patients through electronic portal to schedule appointments.
- Confer with patients by telephone, email, and other electronic communications in a timely manner to provide information about company services, make and change appointment times, update information of patient accounts, and provide other related services.
- Ensure that appropriate changes are made on patients’ digital record by utilizing a computer workstation.
- Keep patient and company records secure and confidential.
- Receive calls from patients and complete all necessary forms, prepare change of record utilizing a phone and computer.
- Escalate unresolved patient grievances and escalate to management as appropriate.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or notify them of changes.
- Use patient and provider data to place and refill prescriptions utilizing a telephone and computer.
- Perform other duties in line with the role as instructed by direct supervisor.
- Present oneself in a professional manner when speaking to customers, coworkers, and members of the leadership staff.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to conform to the shift schedule provided.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to type at least 35 WPM.
- Must be available MON-FRI for an 8-hour shift during 8:00am – 5:00pm hours. This position is classified as essential.
- Must have a minimum of 2 year of exceptional customer service experience or direct customer service experience utilizing digital communication.
- Must be organized, reliable, professional and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to clearly communicate through speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Must have basic computer skills: (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- PTO (including holidays)
- No Weekend Work
- Promotion track and skill training.
- $21 hourly based on experience, ability, and initial review.
- 401(k) Contribution
- All offers of employment at Bloom Health Centers are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
- Position is a primarily in an office environment, requiring sitting and standing, as well as videoconferencing and other forms of frequent communication.
- Extensive time spent in front of a computer.
- Comfortable with plenty of human interaction.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 97297