Why You’ll Love This Job
The Dining Room Server is responsible for service execution to all Dining Room guests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with company standards, in a professional, courteous manner.
- Protect the establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Comply with responsible alcohol service guidelines, including serving guests responsibly.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of all menu ingredients and preparations.
- Operating proficiency of point of sales system.
- Always maintain effective communication with Manager and fellow teammates.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy, and sincere hospitality at all times with internal and external guests.
- Prepare the dining room by completing all established side work prior to the start of service.
- Greet guests upon arrival at table with a smile and a warm and sincere greeting, using guest name whenever possible.
- Serve food from the right going in a clockwise motion and clear from left.
- Serve wine and beverages from the right. Beverage service always requires a cocktail tray.
- Establish seat one as seat closest to entry to facilitate order taking and proper delivery of food accurately.
- Assist Guests select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering beverages; suggesting courses and answering any questions about the menu.
- Utilize point of sale systems to efficiently transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording guest choices, identifying guest special dietary needs and special requests.
- Maintain effective line of communication between manager, host/hostess, kitchen and bar.
- Ensure food server is aware of any special requests or food allergies at table.
- Serve all menu items ensuring accuracy and guest satisfaction with item, providing appropriate accompaniments and condiments.
- Always maintain visual observation of table while on floor to identify any guest in need of attention. Take note of guest body language.
- Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed quietly; replenishing utensils; having beverages replenished.
- Conclude dining experience by acknowledging guests’ choice to dine with us; offer a warm and sincere invitation to return. Use guest name whenever possible.
- Obtain payment after reviewing verifying check in POS system; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to guest; returning change or credit card and signature slip to guests.
- 2 Years of A la Carte Service Experience in Food & Beverage Operation, Country Club or Full Service Restaurant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Registered Borough of Red Bank ABC card.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Presents a professional appearance by wearing approved uniform and name tag.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high-volume work environment.
- Dependable team player with successful record of work attendance
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including nights and weekends
- Basic math skills to accurately process guest transactions
- Previous experience working in the food-service industry
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone)
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing an average of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to extend arms overhead to perform various technical tasks, and work in confined spaces, under varying temperature extremes.
$6.00 per hour + Tips
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 110745