Why You’ll Love This Job
Why You’ll Love This Job
Entry-Level mental health/direct support staff role.
Make a difference in an unparalleled behavioral health residential program giving students with social/emotional disorders the tools they need to succeed. Our residential treatment facility is located in Camden, New Jersey, just a few minutes from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!
Capital Academy specializes in therapeutic mental and behavioral health for male adolescents. We have a low student-to-teacher/counselor ratio, including a bi-lingual mental health clinician and staff, and affiliation with Cooper University Hospital for Psychiatric, Psychological and Adolescent Pediatric services. Capital Academy also offers an urban setting that provides students access to major universities, museums, theaters, and state-of-the-art medical facilities.
We are hiring immediately for Direct Care Workers / Direct Support Professionals who have an interest in Mental Health and Human Services.
- Excellent training to help you be an effective caregiver for youth with mental and behavioral diagnoses
- Hiring immediately for our 7:00AM-3:00PM and 3:00PM-11:00PM shifts
- Keep a healthy work/life balance with rotating weekends
- Career development opportunities in the growing human services field
Apply for this Direct Care Worker/ Caregiver position today & join our direct care staff!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Direct Support Professional (DSP) Responsibilities
- Serve as a caregiver to supervise patient activity and monitor behavior at all times
- Implement, coordinate and engage in emergency and crisis intervention strategies and responses
- Assist in performing functional assessments of behaviors and developing intervention strategies
- Provide and/or accompany transport and supervision of patients to appointments, meetings and site trips
- Work with patients to ensure needs and schedules are met, and behavioral health plans followed as prescribed
- Support the Director of Nursing, Unit Managers, supervisors and the inter-disciplinary behavioral health and mental health teams, including social workers, case managers and others
Direct Support Professional (DSP) Qualifications
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree OR previous experience in a mental health technician or human services role, such as a caregiver, direct care worker, direct support professional, entry level social worker or other relevant position
- Ability to comprehend/demonstrate an understanding of the developmental milestones of children
- Current, valid state driver’s license; successful completion of background check and drug screen
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 63060