Why You’ll Love This Job
- This position is responsible for leading all financial support for Atlas ASC operations, including focus on surgery center financial performance, KPI measuring and reporting, forecasting and budgeting, revenue and cash planning, all with a focus on quality of deliverables and superior service. This Director leader will promote a collaborative, open, and inclusive work environment within a highly matrixed organization and serves as a primary financial advisor to ASC Operations senior management. This role will report to the Associate Vice President of FP&A.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the ASC FP&A Team (1 Manager, 3 analysts)
- Works closely with the Corporate FP&A team
- Conducts in-depth ASC financial analysis in support of center profitability and efficiency
- Delivers Monthly Operating Results (MOR) reporting and analysis for ASCs, globally
- Supports center Growth & Profitability plans by providing financial impact and forecasts
- Provides ASC Operations with all financial support needs, SLAs, and defined deliverables
- Assist Ops leadership in creating effective performance metrics (KPIs) to drive accountability and ownership within the Operations teams and business units
- Provides ad hoc financial and data analysis to operational leaders and other ASC leadership
- Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems.
- Develops and oversees ASC, region and market-level budgets to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets quarterly budgetary goals. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into assumptions for annual operating and/or capital budgets. Negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and/or services and monitors/evaluates quality and/or performance. Manages and reports expenditures and accounts payable transactions.
- Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff’s contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
- Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
- Responsible for reporting and analysis used for board meetings and outside stakeholders
- Compile and develop competitor analysis, market trends, and analysis that is provided to leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience. Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management-level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
- Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Driver’s License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
- 3-5 years of healthcare FP&A experience
- MBA in Finance
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 112891