Why You’ll Love This Job
Assures that meals are prepared and served on clean, sanitized pots, pans and dishes. Assists the delivery of resident meals as necessary. Ensures the sanitation of the dish room and pots/pans area of the kitchen.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- May help serve resident meals.
- Scrape dishes and pick up all trays from the dining room. Wipe off and disinfect all tables per facility practices.
- Test dish machine, 3 compartment sink and sanitizing solution bucket per facility policy and procedure.
- Run all dishes and silverware through the dish machine ensuring that hands are washed appropriately between the dirty and clean side of the dish machine.
- Assure that all items washed are air dried before they are put away.
- Clean all counters in the dish machine area after each use.
- Clean garbage disposal.
- Empty and clean all garbage cans in the kitchen as needed.
- Sweep and mop floor of the kitchen, storeroom and dish room.
- Clean all carts.
- Notify Food Service Manager of food, supplies or equipment needs.
- Report all malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions to Food Service Manager immediately.
- Be knowledgeable of Local, State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures which pertain to the department.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations Manual as amended from time to time
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and understand follow work assignments.
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Must receive food handler training within 30 days of employment.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 87841