Why You’ll Love This Job
Each dishwasher’s primary objective is to maintain a clean and sanitized kitchen by washing kitchen items, equipment, and area; removing trash; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Wash plates, flatware, glassware, pots, pans and all kitchen equipment using industrial dishwasher. Hand wash delicate and large items as needed.
- Restock tableware and other supplies in service area and kitchen.
- Ensure that all kitchen areas are kept clean, neat and well stocked.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature an chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle
- Keep the dish machine clean and immediately report any functional or mechanical problems to the kitchen manager on duty.
- Other related duties as assigned
$14.13 an hour
- Must be able to frequently immerge hands in water and utilize all PPE provided
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Must posses a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Be able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone, radio)
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing an average of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to extend arms overhead to perform various technical tasks, and work in confined spaces, under varying temperature extremes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 103841