Why You’ll Love This Job
Join Our Team: Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where every moment counts. If so, we are looking for courier drivers to transport medical specimens within a prearranged route utilizing Company Vehicles.
About Us: Hospital Couriers is now a BioTouch Company. We are a medical courier service offering dedicated and on demand fleet solutions. We serve the healthcare industry through our unique customized approach to medical transportation and logistics. We understand the critical role that timely and accurate medical specimen delivery plays in diagnosing and treating patients.
Position Overview: As a Medical Courier Driver, you will be a vital part of our team, responsible for transporting medical specimens from various locations to our laboratory facilities. Your role is crucial in ensuring the timely and safe delivery of these specimens, which directly impact the lives of patients awaiting diagnosis and treatment.
Apply for more details!!!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The position is responsible for transporting patient specimens and medical items from one location to another per our customers request. This includes loading items into vehicle, driving to a specified destination, and unloading items per company procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Drives Company vehicle to transport medical items including specimen, and sensitive and confidential documents.
- Loads and unloads medical items from vehicle and ensures specimens, medicines, equipment or documents are properly maintained and safely secured based on specific Company requirements.
- Delivers the applicable items to the correct destinations in a timely manner and based on routing specifications
- Interacts with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintains accurate and legible delivery records and obtains customer signatures where applicable.
- Communicates with dispatch and management when there are delays with delivers, delivery status changes, etc.
- Inspects, cleans, and follows the Maintenance Check List on assigned Company vehicle
- Drives company vehicle adhering to safety and efficiency guidelines.
- Must be HIPAA compliant at all times – Training will be provided.
- Has knowledge of locating customer locations utilizing a GPS or a map.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting, and executing simple instructions.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage time and complete daily tasks.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, integrity, and a high level of attention to details.
- Command of written and spoken English
- Must possess valid Driver’s License
- Having a good driving record is a requirement.
Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, climb, and lift 25 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with legally recognized disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent driving and getting in and out of the vehicle.
- Frequent walking, climbing, bending stooping, reaching and lifting 25 pounds or more.
- Wearing appropriate attire and footwear that provides comfort and support while driving, bending, stooping, climbing and lifting.
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The position is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
Type: Part Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 118552