Why You’ll Love This Job
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Electrical Engineer will provide support, coordination and development for the Gaston, SC facility for Process and Service areas within the following main competences:
- Provide hands-on electrical engineering support for the daily operations including troubleshooting and resolving electrical/instrumentation reliability issues.
- Closely work in a team atmosphere with various functional roles in the routine and non-routine repair of instrumentation, analyzers, variable speed drives/controls and electrical equipment.
- Perform technical review of instrumentation system designs and modifications.
- Implement improvements and reliability initiatives to improve yields, capacity, cost, energy and safety.
- Provide support to maintain site power distribution infrastructure reliability.
- Provide and actively participate on electrical engineering definitions, specifications and development for site capital projects.
- Maintain updated equipment files and engineering documentation to ensure records accuracy and update.
- Work independently or as a member of a team to assess, design, train and implement preventive maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM), and continuous reliability improvement modifications, and perform root cause analysis (RCA) on failed equipment.
- Provide electrical engineering support during plant and equipment outages.
- Assist with maintenance training and development activities used to enhance the site’s technical base and core competencies.
- Adhere to procedures that promote safety, health and welfare for employees and contractors within the facility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Prefer more than 5 years’ experience as a Plant Electrical/Controls Engineer
- Plant site maintenance and engineering experience for a Petrochemical facility is desired
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s and Drives and MCCs, and AC motors
- Proficient knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, level transmitters, sensors and communication devices and interfaces
- Proficient knowledge of various switchgear equipment with voltages up to 13.8kV
- Knowledge of PM/PDM best practices
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team seeking to continuously improve supply chain performance and customer satisfaction
- Results oriented. Ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good problem solving and math skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Window Software Suit
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 113640