Are you an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) / Paramedic looking to take your career further? Are you interesting in making the transition to a more stable clinic setting? Here is your chance to expand on your Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) / Paramedic background as our newest Medical Assistant (MA)!
In this Medical Assistant (MA) position, you will work with a welcoming, top-level staff in a supportive environment. You will grow both professionally and personally as you provide quality healthcare services to our patients. Join our team of well respected healthcare professionals and they will provide you with daily opportunities to gain new knowledge and skills that will keep your career on the leading edge. Plus, as Medical Assistant (MA) with us, you will work with state-of-the-art equipment, enabling you to deliver high-quality and effective care all while advancing your career!
If you would like to further your healthcare career as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) / Paramedic in a clinic setting, apply for our Medical Assistant (MA) job opening today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Paramedic responsibilities include:
- Greet patients as they enter and follow up via phone
- Keep patient medical records up to date in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Prepare patients by showing them to exam rooms, taking vitals, and obtaining consent
- Responsible for basic lab tests and procedures as directed by provider
- Administer routine diagnostic tests using medical equipment
- Under supervision of provider, assist with patient examinations, procedures, and medication administration
- Answer phone calls from patients, physician offices, and pharmacy
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Paramedic skills & qualifications include:
- MA, EMT, Paramedic program graduate (Army-based training program also accepted)
- Require MA certification
- Familiarity with government regulatory requirements
- Able and willing to travel/float among MD Now regional facilities
- Prefer experience with eClinicalWorks and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- At least one year experience as an MA, ideally in an urgent care setting
- The following certifications are a plus: CPR, DOT collector, BAT
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 29093