Why You’ll Love This Job
Entry Level Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Mental Health Technician
Who We Are
We believe that no one should feel alone, and we are sure you feel the same. Bloom Health Centers provides comprehensive behavioral health services by a group of competent, independent practitioners. We diagnose and treat children, adolescents, adults, and the geriatric population. Psychological testing and neuropsychological testing are available for a variety of disorders, including ADHD, brain injuries and head trauma, and memory problems.
Too many people dismiss their mental health needs by assuming it will get better or that they can “tough it out.” For many people, this simply isn’t true. At Bloom Health Centers, we want to help you find the balance and perspective you need to live your best life. And since people can struggle with their mental health at any point in their lifetime, we work with clients of all ages.
Our dedicated team of psychiatrists, therapists, and psychologists, focus on producing positive results through treatment of stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and many other disorders. Our foundation of success is based on our ABCs:
- All as One
- Be the Change
- Courage to Care
Bloom Health Centers is now hiring a full-time TMS Technician. This position operates Monday through Friday from 9:00AM – 5:30PM.
Bloom Health Centers is a leading TMS provider in the DMV area dedicated to freeing patients from the debilitating symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other psychiatric conditions. We are transforming mental healthcare by providing the most advanced, evidence-based treatment available, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy. TMS is a highly effective, non-invasive, FDA-cleared therapy for drug-resistant depression.
During a TMS session, a trained technician uses targeted magnetic pulses to stimulate the brain, which can help relieve symptoms of conditions like depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Health Insurance Contribution
No Weekend Work (Some exceptions apply.)
Pay based on experience, ability, and initial review.
Please explore our website at www.bloomhealthcenters.com to see if we are a right fit for you.
Please include the following with your application:
Cover Letter (optional)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $18.00 per hour
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Administer TMS treatments according to specific physician protocols. Set up the TMS medical device and monitor all aspects of the treatment sessions for patient comfort and treatment accuracy.
• Provide excellent patient care and treat patients with compassion while developing trust and rapport. Provide support, reflective listening, and compassion to patients struggling with depression and/or anxiety.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with patient comfort, coil contact, and TMS system setup throughout treatment
• Administer psychiatric rating scales and conduct patient assessments prior to treatment• Record session notes in EHR, collaborate with physician(s) as required, effectively schedule patient visits, conduct patient consultations, and patient discharge consultations.
• Communicate with team of certified TMS psychiatrists and other physicians who oversee patient treatment at multiple office locations as needed.
• Assist TMS Clinical Director with insurance authorizations, outreach, and other initiatives.
• Provide coverage for TMS at other locations as needed.
• Other job duties as needed.
• Patient, compassionate, and calm demeanor when assisting patients
• Ability to multi-task is a must
• Effectively communicate with all members of staff, including providers, therapists, and support staff
• Candidates must be professional, on-time, and dependable
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work as a team with the rest of the administrative staff
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred, but candidates with a minimum of one year of patient care experience or Mental Health Tech (MHT) will be strongly considered.
• At least one year of experience working in mental health
• Successful completion of TMS training (provided during initial period of employment).
• Experience working with patients who are suffering from anxiety and depression
• Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor, and interface compassionately and appropriately with patients in a mental-health setting.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
• Excellent work ethic, and willingness and desire to learn required
● All offers of employment at Bloom Health Centers are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
● Position is a primarily in an office environment, requiring sitting and standing, as well as videoconferencing and other forms of frequent communication. Working from home can be optional based on flexibility of schedule.
● Extensive time spent in front of a computer.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 102440