Why You’ll Love This Job
This position involves the overall supervision and day to day responsibility for Palm Beach Youth Academy. The Facility Administrator is directly responsible to the Regional Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for the selection, employment, supervision, and training of Program (Clinical) Director, key employees in Support Services, Nursing, Quality Assurance, Education, and Maintenance.
- Manages a professional therapeutic treatment program for adolescents with emotional/behavioral difficulties
- Responsible for the thorough and precise articulation of program philosophy and methodology by all program staff
- Represents the facility in all communications and correspondence
- Responsible for ensuring that the health and welfare of youth in the program are protected.
- Responsible for the program’s compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and DHR Minimum Standards for Residential Placement.
- Responsible for the program’s compliance with written Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for receivable funds to include securing any state or federal funding available, (ex. educational funding, special educational funding etc.).
- Responsible for capital expenditures.
- Responsible for ensuring that sound accounting procedures are followed in all financial transactions.
- Responsible for public relations and marketing of the program.
- Responsible for advising the Vice President of Operations, the Executive Vice President, and/ or CEO of significant program events.
- Responsible for comprehensive program planning and implementation of that plan after approval by the Vice President of Operations and/ or CEO.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the program.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel Creed.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, including terminations; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Experience: Four to five years experience in a direct management/administrative capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess experience with licensing and accrediting standards.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Certifications & Licenses: This position requires current certification in First Responders for PREA, CPR, PAR, First Aid and Positive Peer Culture. Additional certification or training may be required as deemed necessary by Sequel to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
- Other Requirements: Exceptional verbal and written skills are required to effectively express ideas and views when (a) speaking to groups, staff, outside professionals and corporate officers; (b) for preparing written reports; for (c) clarification in supervising and delegating responsibility to department heads. Must be capable of relating to people in a manner to win confidence and establish support. Ability to evaluate and utilize data from statistical reports, budgets and descriptions of programs. Must possess initiative and judgment capabilities to organize and plan activities, systematize procedures, promote favorable public relations and make decisions affecting service delivery to students. Must be flexible to adjust to changing conditions and the various details of the job. Must be experienced in adolescent growth and behavior. Must possess the ability to identify socially appropriate behaviors.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 33655