Why You’ll Love This Job
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs building maintenance and repair such as roofing, plumbing, painting, light carpentry and other maintenance related to the building structure and related systems
- Performs some civil and concrete work as directed by engineering
- Maintaining the overall physical appearance of the plant
- Operates shop machines such as drill presses, saws, etc.
- Maintains equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- May be required to get certification in operation of overhead cranes, forklifts, man lifts, etc.
- The candidate may be required to work from heights and confined spaces
- Supports company’s planning and scheduling model during routine and shutdown execution
- This career opportunity will be based out of our CA – Columbia (Gaston, SC) facility.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as a facilities specialist in an industrial manufacturing facility
- Civil/Concrete experience is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to multi-task, complete work orders in a timely manner, be driven, stay on task
- Must have a good knowledge of building maintenance and operations functions
- Must have the ability to set up, adjust, and safely operate drill press, wood saws, and various pneumatic and electric tools
- The ability to read blueprints, sketches, specifications, written, and verbal instructions is required
- Must have basic math skills, able to convert decimals to fractions, and use all units of measure
- Must be able to read a tape measure and square to 1/32″
- Must be able to work overtime, to include nights and weekends, when needed in order to meet production deadlines
- Must be able to physically meet job requirements; standing, kneeling, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and willingness to participate in advancing safety culture
- Great Attendance and ability to work independently without daily supervision
We offer excellent pay and a skills based pay progression system. This is an hourly position and benefits eligibility starts on your first day of employment.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113912