Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you a parent or caregiver of a child who has received services; therefore, demonstrating firsthand experience within the child-serving system(s). Thompson Child and Family Focus is actively looking for Family Partners (FP).
The Family Partner must be a parent/caregiver of a child who has received services; therefore, demonstrating firsthand experience within the child-serving system(s). As a FP, you will also facilitate and assist in identifying formal and informal community resources and support, coaching, and training for the parent/guardian.
We are Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. We have multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
We offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Family Partner’s primary purpose is to provide support, guidance, advocacy, and education to their assigned clients.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Learn and utilize the organization’s systems, processes, and procedures as instructed
- Display a high degree of being open to coaching/feedback regarding performance and areas of improvement
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service to your clients/customers
- Represent the organization internally and externally through your communication and conduct
- Provide coaching, support, guidance, and compassion to parents who are experiencing challenging times and help them find their voice in navigating the Child Welfare system
- Provide coaching in preparation for CFT meetings and court
- Attend all CFTs assigned and serve as a support, guide, advocate to the parents assigned to you
- Display trauma informed practices and principles in your interactions with customers, with peers and leadership
- Document all services and efforts in accordance with internal and external guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Associate degree in a human services field from an accredited university
- One year of relevant professional experience
- Must have a valid North Carolina Driver License and meet any credentialing, licensing, and privileging standards as it pertains to the department you are in.
Salary Range: $33,000 to $34,500
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 110792