Are you a parent or caregiver of a child who has received services; therefore, demonstrating firsthand experience within the child-serving system(s). Thompson Child and Family Focus is actively looking for Family Support Partners (FSP) to serve these county: Buncombe, Henderson, McDowell, and Haywood.
The Family Support Partner must be a parent/caregiver of a child who has received services; therefore, demonstrating firsthand experience within the child-serving system(s). As a FSP, you will also get to participate in the community meetings to serve as a conduit of the wraparound process and share ongoing success and challenges of NC Wraparound wit the community at large.
Why Join Us?
We are Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. We have multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
We offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
To learn more about the High Fidelity Wraparound: https://nchfwtp.uncg.edu/what-is-hfw/
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Family Partner’s primary purpose is to provide support, guidance, advocacy, and education to their assigned clients. The FSP must be nationally credentialed, or working toward national credentialing, as a Parent Support Provider to certify ability in working with caregivers, parents, and families who have children transitioning back to the home from out of home placement or those that are at risk of being removed from the home.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Educates caregivers/parents, providers and the community about the Wraparound process
- Provides education and assistance in navigating the child serving systems (child welfare, education, behavioral/mental health, juvenile justice, primary care, etc.)
- Facilitates and assists in identifying formal and informal community resources, support, coaching, and training for parent(s)/caregiver(s)
- Empowers the caregiver(s)/parent(s) to make their own decisions and take control of their life
- Assists caregiver(s)/parent(s) in learning how to problem solve, set goals, make decisions, and advocate for themselves
- Assists the caregiver(s)/parent(s) to articulate the family’s strengths, needs and goals
- Attends appropriate meetings as requested by the caregiver(s)/parent(s), ensure preparation prior to meetings occurs and support during the meeting, as needed
- Attends community meetings as needed for the team and program
- Completes all required reports and other paperwork as directed
- Honors confidentiality requirements and limitations
- Works in collaboration with Wraparound Coach/Supervisor and
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field from an accredited university and one year of experience working with the target population;
- Or associate’s degree in a human service field from an accredited school and two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth;
- Or high school diploma or GED and a minimum of four years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth.
- Must have lived experience as a primary caregiver for a child who has/had mental health/ substance use disorder or intellectual/developmental disability and experience in navigating the child and family-serving systems.
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Salary Range: $32,000 to $36,000
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 98099