Why You’ll Love This Job
The Food Runner is responsible for delivering food orders from the kitchen to guest tables rapidly and accurately. Maintaining the cleanliness of the expediting line, organization of order tickets, and communicate effectively with Dining Room Manager, Servers, Host/Hostess and Kitchen team. The Food Runner will also be responsible for the delivery of carryout and room service orders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve all food menu items in accordance with company standards, in a professional, courteous manner.
- Lift and carry multiple plates from kitchen to dining room.
- Understand and memorize Table numbers and seat positions to ensure accurate and professional delivery of menu items to guests.
- Comprehensive recognition and knowledge of all menu items.
- Approach guests at table with a smile and a warm and sincere greeting.
- Perform calmly and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork by assisting co-workers.
- Protect the establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Always maintain effective communication with Manager and fellow teammates.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy, and sincere hospitality always with internal and external guests.
- Prepare expediting line of all established side work prior to the start of service.
- Organize order tickets in a manner that fosters timeliness and accuracy of delivery of menu items to guests.
- Verify menu items upon placement on food tray matches with order ticket prior to leaving kitchen, taking close attention to any special request.
- Ensure all menu items leave the kitchen with appropriate sides and accompaniments.
- Serve food from the right going in a clockwise motion and clear from left, always serving ladies first.
- Recognize seat one as seat closest to entry to facilitate proper delivery of food accurately.
- Maintain effective line of communication between manager, service staff and kitchen throughout service.
- Serve all menu items ensuring accuracy of item and informing server of any guest dissatisfaction with item, providing appropriate accompaniments and condiments.
- Assist all servers, bartenders, and managers whenever necessary.
- Complete all assigned closing side work duties.
- 1 Year of A la Carte experience in a Food & Beverage Operation, Country Club or Full-Service Restaurant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Presents a professional appearance by wearing approved uniform and name tag.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high-volume work environment.
- Dependable team player with successful record of work attendance
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Ablility to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach, lift, bend and carry heavy objects
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including nights and weekends
- Previous experience working in the food-service industry
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone)
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing an average of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to extend arms overhead to perform various technical tasks, and work in confined spaces, under varying temperature extremes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 109705