Why You’ll Love This Job
Provides nutritious meals according to the menu. Ensures the sanitation of the kitchen food preparation and tray line area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and serve food for diets as ordered by the physician.
- Follow menus as ordered.
- Notify supervisor of any changes in the menu, or lack of proper food item for the menu.
- Honor resident special requests within the prescribed diet order.
- Ensure that the menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
- Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to residents has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
- Provide assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals.
- Follow cleaning schedules as directed by Food Service Manager.
- Cover, date and label all leftovers properly.
- Notify Food Service Manager of food, supplies or equipment needs.
- Report all malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions to the Food Service Manager immediately.
- Be knowledgeable of Local, State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures which pertain to the department.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations Manual as amended from time to time
- Be of legal working age.
- Be able to read, understand and follow work assignments.
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Must have passed the sanitation test or be willing to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
- Must receive food handler training within 30 days of employment.
- Would prefer at least one year experience as diet aide in an institutional setting.
- Must have the current federally required vaccines or proof of a valid exemption.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 98442