Why You’ll Love This Job
Manages all aspects of the Food Service Department in the facility including but not limited to Food Service personnel, food production, supplies and equipment. Manages nutritional care of all residents in facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Order all supplies necessary for the proper and efficient running of the department making sure to remain within budget.
- Ensure that all residents are served diets as ordered by physician.
- Ensure that the menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
- Follow Consultant Dietitian/Regional Dietitian recommendations that are reviewed and approved by Administrator.
- Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to residents has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
- Make sure that all food and supplies are stored properly and steps are taken to avoid theft.
- Check all equipment for proper functioning and safety.
- Responsible for overall sanitation of the department.
- Responsible for knowing Local, State and Federal regulations and policies and procedures which pertain to the department.
- Manage department employees including hiring, training, in-servicing and discipline.
- Prepare a work schedule that will enable all functions of the department to be carried out within the allotted hours. All overtime must be approved by the Administrator.
- Visit residents upon admission, and periodically thereafter, to determine food preferences and discuss their diets. Communicate this information accordingly to other departments.
- Coordinate and gather the information required by the dietitian, i.e. resident’s weight, skin report, facility admissions, tube feedings, annual assessments, dialysis, etc. When appropriate, provide information to dietitian prior to scheduled visit.
- Maintain all dietary records regarding resident likes and dislikes, tray cards, MDS, care plans, quarterly/annual charting.
- Coordinate and follow up with the dietitian’s recommendations.
- Develop policies and procedures for the department as needed.
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and conferences as requested by the facility.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Maintain a listing of those employees who have received the food handlers training.
- Other duties as assigned by Administrator.
- Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations Manual as amended from time to time
- Be of legal working age.
- Be able to read and understand work assignments.
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Work to cover staff call-offs and decrease overtime in the department.
- Must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED. Experience may be substituted for a high school degree.
- Must have taken or be willing to take the Dietary Managers Course.
- Must have passed the sanitation test or be willing to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred.
- Must have the current federally required vaccines or proof of a valid exemption.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 112750