Why You’ll Love This Job
The primary function of the Food Services Worker is to assist in the kitchen and meal preparation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meal preparation – Prepare & serve three meals per day plus evening snack for the youth in the program
- Kitchen Hygiene – Supervise & organize the kitchen & pantry so that it passes the regular Food Service Inspections
- Interaction with Youth – The youth who work in the kitchen are to be supervised by the Food Services Worker & the staff member who is also present. This includes meal preparation, dishwashing, and kitchen/dining room clean up. Observes quality & quantity of work & gives youth feedback. Relates to all of the youth in the program in a friendly manner. Teaching youth appropriate meal-time behavior (in conjunction with the other staff)
- Security – Secure sharp & dangerous utensil, such as knives. Keeping count of all such items. Alert to security while youth are in the kitchen & dining room area
- Special Diets – The Food Services Worker with direction from the Food Service Manager plans & prepares special meals for individuals who, for medical or religious reasons require a special diet.
- Special Occasions – On special occasions, such as youth birthdays, arrangements are made to include appropriate menu items (such as birthday cake)
- Have knowledge of ordering
- Have knowledge of record keeping techniques
- Must be able to lift weights up to fifty (50) pounds & safely use kitchen equipment.
- Must maintain ten training hours annually.
- Exercise vigilance to maintain client privacy in accordance with HIPAA and 42 CFR.
- Complete physical and TB test every three years.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED required with additional college work or experience in Food Service/Preparation and/or Restaurant Management preferred. The Food Service Worker must be free of communicable disease & undergo annual health assessment, including a test for tuberculosis.
- Experience: 1 year of experience preferred.
- Other Skills: Must maintain flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 33422