Why You’ll Love This Job
The Front Desk Agent will organize, confirm, process, and conduct all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations. Secure payment; verify and adjust billing. Activate and distribute room keys. Process all guest requests and relay messages. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guest service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and exceed all guest expectations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
- Handle PBX calls and assist guests and other departments over the phone
- Prior cash handling experience necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must have the ability to stand/walk throughout the duration of the shift for up to 8 hours.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Available to work a flexible shift, including weekends and holidays.
- English and Spanish (Spanish a MUST)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 115856