Why You’ll Love This Job
The Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown is looking for a full time Front desk agent to join our team. We are managed by Puget Sound Hospitality which owns and operates 5 hotels in the Puget sound area.
It is our passion and responsibility to provide unmatched service to our guests and create opportunities for our associates. We aim to achieve success for our owners by being innovative and constantly evolving, exceeding the expectations of our associates and guests, and creating an environment of Inspired Connections.
We strongly believe in career advancement opportunities across our properties and work with managers to identify and train individuals who are interested in learning and growing within our organization.
Salary: $21.00 per hour
Location: 700 5th Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109.
Commute/Transportation: We are located close to the city center and near several bus routes. We offer a discounted annual ORCA pass. If you prefer to drive, we offer free parking to all of our employees in our underground garage.
Benefits: Our benefits package is available to full time employees after they complete 60 days of employment. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D. We also have 6 paid holidays.
PTO is accrued at 0.0538 hours per hour starting on day 1 of employment.
We partner with Colonial life to offer supplemental insurance options such as accident, short term disability, and whole life during our annual enrollment.
We have a 401(K) retirement plan available to all employees who are 21+ and have been employed for 6 months.
We offer Hilton employee room rates as well as Hilton family room rates that can be used based on availability at any Hilton location worldwide.
Work shifts: The hotel is a 24/7 operation so there are many shifts available to work that can align with your personal life.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The daily job duties
- Process all guest check-ins and check-outs
- Process all payments
- Answer telephones in a timely manner using the appropriate greeting and directing calls to the appropriate department
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors
- Supply guests with information regarding property, local area, and supply directions as needed
- Run daily reports and identify any special requests. Pass on any information to appropriate departments
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of each shift and follow drop procedures
- Immediately resolve any guest problems to their satisfaction
- Report any issues to appropriate departments and follow-up
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Protect our company assets
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs
- Assist individuals with disabilities
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Stand for an extended period of time
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 lbs. without assistance
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors or managers
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Puget Sound Hospitality participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify English and Spanish (PDF)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 101526