Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, maintaining electronic record and accounts, assisting with referrals, communicating with hospitals, labs and other specialists to obtain results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Makes sure at end of the day that the fax/copiers have paper to get through the evening to the next morning.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Scans appropriate paperwork in patients’ electronic chart.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Collects copayments and out-of-pocket reimbursement at check-out, balancing work at the end of their shift.
- Responds to general billing questions or refers them directly to the billing office with any concerns.
- Makes sure their work area is neat and orderly before leaving for the day and if on call, checking that the front
- Graduation from High School or GED
- Computer literacy, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent verbal and documentation skills.
- Ability to serve others with different ethnic backgrounds. Bi-lingual preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Ability to travel to any office location within the practice
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30362